Sunday 12 April 2009

[she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers]

Well, whaddya know, it's been exactly a month since I last updated this. I knew this would happen, my whole not updating thingymajig. Oh well, I'm back now.

To be fair to myself (and I feel I should be), I've been on holiday in Florida for the past three weeks. We got back yesterday, a day later than we should have - our flight was cancelled on Thursday because the license on the emergency escape slides had expired on the plane. Or something. I'm not sure how this managed to happen because, you know, don't they CHECK? Since the plane apparently can't fly with this thing expired, you'd think they'd have some sort of system of knowing when the license would need updating.

As it was, it must have cost Virgin a hell of a lot of money, since they had to put everyone who was flying economy (those in First Class and Premium Economy were able to fly because the slides for them were just fine) up in a hotel for the night, and they gave everyone vouchers for dinner, breakfast and lunch. We also all got given round trip tickets to anywhere in the world (apart from Australia). So that made it all all right.

It's a shame Virgin don't fly to anywhere in Colorado, because getting my flight over there for free might have been nice. Oh well. I could always go to Hawaii. Or Japan. 

Speaking of Colorado, I've got my appointment for my visa at the American embassy a week Wednesday. The interview is supposed to take 2 -3 hours. What in God's name will take so long? I have about a gazillion forms to fill in beforehand so I can't imagine I'll have (m)any to fill in when I get there. So what could they possibly want from me? Are they going to shove me in a room and watch me for an hour or so, just to decide if I'm the kind of person they want in their country? Or are they going to ask me the same question in as many ways as possible to try and trick me into revealing some shocking secret from my past that would somehow prevent me from being able to attend university in the United States? 

OT: Why is that I only have a 'usual' meeting place with people from Cardiff? I don't have a 'usual' place to meet with any of my Brighton friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment