Monday 16 February 2009

[I was ... looking at the lights]

I was supposed to be doing reading earlier. Instead I fell asleep for two and a half hours and dreamt that I was semi held hostage in a restaurant. I say 'semi' because everyone else I was with were allowed to stay with me, but they could leave at any time, and I couldn't. 

Wait, that's incredibly symbolic isn't it? It only just occurred to me. I feel as if I'm with everyone else, but they can get away and I can't, I'm stuck in the same place. Maybe it's to do with Colorado and how I feel like I'm going to get left behind and forgotten about when I go.

The nap made me feel really weird, so after I'd eaten (at half past 8, which I dislike doing. Tea time is around 6. My brain gets confused if I don't eat around then) I went and sat on the steps at the side of the house and wrote in my scribble journal. It made me feel a lot better. But then I had to come inside because my fingers were seizing up from the cold. I had been planning to go all the way to the swings opposite The Bear* but ... couldn't be bothered to. Come warmer weather, that'll be my first port of call when I'm feeling in a speed writing mood and need to get out of the house.

*The Bear being the pub where we won the pub quiz on Sunday. After going there for a term and a half, we won! Triumph is ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment