Thursday 19 February 2009

[it's in the ABC of growing up]

This morning I woke up with the intention of finishing some reading that I didn't manage to get done last night. But I misjudged the amount of time it would take me, so now I'm finished with it, an hour and a half before I need to leave to go to campus. I could have stayed asleep longer!

And why didn't I get my reading finished? Well, Tim was here and distracting me, but overall last night was a strange night:

- Ben was all hyped up on his antidepressants so was being thoroughly weird and funny and creepy and generally distracting to everyone, including Sophie who was attempting to write an essay that has to be in for today.
- I moved to get off my bed and it collapsed. After lifting up the mattress, Tim and I discovered that my bed had fallen apart due to mould. It's now being held up with magazines, phone books and sweet tins.
- Daniel and I shook on an agreement, and Daniel discovered that I have a rubbish handshake, so we then spent ages with him trying to teach me how to do it properly. Ben and Sphie got involved, but I don't think I'm any better. I'm too much with the shaking and the elbow, apparently.
- Ben ate a Drumstick lolly, not realising how chewy it was, and took to hitting me every time he got a bit stuck in his teeth. He's French; he'd never experienced a Drumstick lolly before.
- Daniel tried to shove his underwear on my head (for reasons unknown), and I managed to trip over the table in the living room in my attempt to get away. Luckily, Ben caught me before I actually fell down.

I didn't get to bed until around 2am. And okay, maybe all that doesn't sound particularly weird, but it was more the randomness of everything. As Sophie said, "I think we're playing tonight."

Okay, I'm going to go and make myself some sandwiches for my train journey home. I get to put them in my special sandwich box! Yey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment