Monday 23 February 2009

[take a lover on the radio]

Law & Order: UK started this evening and, despite my apprehensiveness about it, it wasn't actually half bad. The format was exactly the same and it worked well. And they kept the 'doink doink', so, you know, that's a plus point right there.

... right, after getting distracted by Ben needing to use my laptop to check his Facebook (he is currently without internet, due to Daniel closing a window a bit too viciously on Ben's internet wire), I'm back. Not that you, mysterious reader, noticed my absence, but that is by the by.

My weekend in Cardiff was rather lovely, even if it did go far too quickly. My muscles still ache from rhythm boxing on the Wii. Seriously, it gets me every time. Although I don't suppose carrying a heavy rucksack the day afterwards really helped matters.

In more personal matters (do I feel comfortable posting about 'personal matters' on here? Does it matter? Will anyone care?), I broke up with my boyfriend today. Except it feels weird calling him my 'boyfriend' because, somehow, I never got my head around the fact that he actually was my boyfriend. Which, I suppose, was part of the problem. Amongst other things, mainly of my own infliction. 
Things will be fine between us. Yes.

I should stop doing this whole messing with boys head thing. Most of the time I don't intend to, I swear. It just sort of ... happens.

ETA: In my America in the Twentieth Century lecture today, Daniel Kane showed us an extract of a poem called 'Pull My Daisy' by Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg and it appealed to me, somehow. So I'm posting that extract here, for your reading pleasure:

Bone my shadow
dove my dream
start my halo bleeding
Milk my mind &
make me cream
drink me when you're ready

No comments:

Post a Comment